This gray and drizzly September morning seemed like a perfect time for a walk in the woods to look for mushrooms. And, though there weren’t many, I did find a few. Among them were these clumps of what I have determined are scaly pholiota.
However, I’m discouraged to learn that the scaly pholiota and the sharp-scaly pholiota fall into two different camps. The first is poisonous while the second is edible.
Hmmm. Do mine have sharp scales?
Regardless, I will not be eating them. Do you forage for wild mushrooms?